As we discussed in the last post of this series Emails are a huge productivity killer and one of the most time waster, this way I decided to talk about a new tip on how to use emails efficiently!
Today tip is on how quickly send a new email Message directly from your browser. So to avoid the normal process we repeat each time we want to compose a new message this tip will reduce time.
First thing let’s imagine the normal process:
- Open your email client or your web-mail provider home page.
- Waiting while the client finished loading your inbox.
- Go and click the ‘compose new’ button.
- Waiting again while the client finished loading the new message window.
- Then begin writing your message.
Fortunately There’s always a faster way to send a new message: Simply go to your browser’s address bar and type “mailto:” then hit the Enter key.
Wait, because this is not all, because you can go faster and type directly the email recipient in the “mailto:” command like this example:
Use comma to send to multiple recipients:
Insert directly a subject and/or a text message:
Make sure to use “%20” for the space character and “%0A” for a line break. And don’t forget that this tip works across all browsers.