Starting a blog is every writer’s dream. To finally go out into the world and take your idea and make it a reality is something many people have thought of and can now make it a reality. With platforms like WordPress making it so easy to launch your brand, it’s no wonder why thousands of new blogs are launched every month.
Yet while the barrier to entry is almost nothing to get started, creating a successful blog that has staying power is very rare these days. Some of the most common misconceptions about blogging include:
- That if I launch my blog all I have to do is get some traffic from Google SEO,
- All I have to do is create good content,
- All I need to do is write content every day.
These misconceptions about blogging are what leads many new writers down the wrong path to failure.
The most important thing a new blogger must have is a strategy. And most importantly, it must be one strategy that is very simple. All too often many new bloggers get lost in the shiny object syndrome and are overwhelmed with many tactics they can use to build their platform. While they are all useful and relevant, its important that you not become scattered otherwise failure is almost inevitable.
After you have one strategy you can focus on, the next most important factor is having the right mindset. Because you will be your own boss, it is important that you have the necessary frame of mind to keep yourself positive when things become difficult. Every day is a new set of challenges that you will face and it is crucial that you have the determination to push through these obstacles when times get tough.
All too often many new bloggers become discouraged when things become too difficult. This is why it is always recommended that you have a set of inspiring quotes to keep you motivated handy so that you may use them to boost your morale and self-confidence when you otherwise might feel like giving up.
Here are 10 quotes we recommend for new bloggers that will help you succeed…
- Remember…you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. – Unknown
- Nothing external can have any power over you unless you permit it. Your time is too precious to be sacrificed in wasted days combating the mental forces of hate, jealousy, and envy. Guard your fragile life carefully. – OG Mandino
- Success is what happens after you have survived all of your disappointments. – Unknown
- Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. – Herman Cain
- Don’t downgrade your dream just to fit your reality. Upgrade your conviction to match your destiny. – Unknown
- When it gets difficult is often right before you succeed. – Unknown
- Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again. Except this time more intelligently. – Henry Ford
- Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. – Dale Carnegie
- Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm. – Winston Churchill
- Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning. – Robert Kiyosaki
Just remember that this is your life and you only get a few chances to make your dream a reality. So don’t be so quick to give up when things look bleak.