1) Hello Liege, can you please tell us a bit about yourself?
I am a person that simply cannot stop searching for more self-development and unique experiences to fill my life. I love to connect and learn more from other peoples and strive to impact their lives, just as they impact mine. Traveling is my excuse to visit faraway lands and spread love around the world, while connecting with people on a deeper level.
2) What are your focus areas and why?
I have four focus areas, and they are as follows:
– Spiritual: There is a purpose for everything and everyone in life. I strongly believe that we are all guided by something bigger than us, and that throughout life we need to find balance. Every day, we need to recharge and find peace within ourselves.
– Self-development: I believe I get this from my mom who was always trying to shape me into a great human being since before I can even remember. She would always hand me books and encourage me to read, study and learn more. I’ve carried this sense of constant growth and personal development with me into adulthood.
– Travel: Travel is obviously a huge passion of mine, and it how I spread love around the world. I love travel because it allows me to open my mind and rid myself of preconceived notions or judgments. Through travel you gain respect for different cultures, traditions and religions and that’s what I love to teach people – how to respect others and connect with them.
– Marketing : I think marketing is a beautiful tool because it allows you to reach thousands or millions of people. This is why my passion for marketing has grown in the last few years. It is not only what I do in a business setting, but also a way that I can reach people and spread my ideas and further my teachings. Though I have been traveling for the better part of my life, I just recently started my blog two months ago (launched June 2016) and have begun to share my travel adventures. That’s what is great about marketing – I can spread the word about my blog and YouTube channel to reach out to even more people around the world.
3) How do you describe “TRAVELING THE WORLD BY LIEGE” in few words?
Traveling the World by Liege is all about connecting people with different cultures and experiences, in search of further self-development.
4) Where do you think you are making an impact?
I think that I am making an impact by connecting with people. If you respect and understand different cultures, you can affect someone by simply connecting with them. That’s where I am making an impact, by helping others connects while they are traveling.
5) What are some things that most people don’t know about your job?
I actually struggle a lot in this job but I LOVE from all my heart and soul. Some people think that my job is simply sitting on different beaches and enjoying delectable cuisines, but there is so much more to it than that. There is a lot of juggling and delegation in my profession and I am constantly in communication with my team of specialists who are throughout the whole world. When it’s noon there, it could be 2am here, but I am still up and working with them. My job is not simply about traveling; it is all of the little things that go into the writing, website and marketing that make it truly challenging.
6) Travelling the world is a very great idea, but where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
I see myself spreading my word and teaching to the whole world. I will hopefully have written and published many travel books. I have traveled to 45 countries, but my end goal is 200. Within the next 5 years, I hope to visit at least 50, if not 80 more countries. Its’ a lofty goal, I know, but I find myself being more nomadic without a set place. My home will always be by my mother’s side, but I can’t stay in one place too long. I just hope to continue traveling and using my experiences to teach others how to travel, enjoy their trips and be safe.
7) What were some of the biggest challenges you encountered while travelling the world?
There are MANY challenges I encounter while traveling. First of all, I generally arrive in a country where I don’t know the language, so communication is extremely difficult. Though I have learned ways to work around a language barrier to communicate and connect with people of other languages, it can still be challenging at times. Other countries also aren’t as safe. No matter how close you become to people or how connected you feel with a country or culture, you always need to remember that you are a foreigner and must respect the boundaries. Another thing that people don’t realize is that you have to prepare for the food you will eat while traveling, and use caution. You might want to try all the street vendors and unique cuisines, but if you eat something bad or if your stomach cannot handle it, you could lose a week of traveling to sickness! I’ve been through many uncomfortable, humbling and downright unsafe conditions and I want to use my experiences to reach out to others to keep them from having similar negative experiences. That’s why I do what I do and write my books!
8) What are you most excited about at the moment?
At the moment, I am most excited about the launch of my eBook that aims to teach foreigners how to enjoy their trips to Brazil and Rio. It teaches about the culture and many other intricacies of the city and country. I am extremely proud of my Brazilian nationality and my culture and I just want others to be able to immerse themselves in it.
9) What can you tell to young who want to start a new adventure pursuing their dreams?
The best thing I can tell young people is to go forward on their own path. Don’t compare yourself to others. You have your own song to sing, and a message to share with the world that is unique to you. Don’t waste time trying to fit in to the mold or waste energy comparing yourself to others. Everyone has their own purpose in life and you should follow yours!
10) The last Word or final thoughts?
I just want to thank you for letting me be a part of this interview and answering these beautiful, engaging questions. My parting words would be to encourage people to connect in this world. Let’s show our love and be givers. Improve people’s lives and make a real difference in this world. That’s how I want to be remembered – as someone who made people’s lives better.
Also here is some contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org and +55 31 996381693